You've gotta rant somewhere...might as well be in public.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Pinterest might kill me.

Looking at my last blog post....hmmmm.  Things have changed.  The wedding was great. :)  Here's a picture from the big day.

Thanks to Ashleigh Koch for giving us some lovely pictures.

Now, I'm just enjoying my summer without school. :)  I've spend entirely too much time on Pinterest.  Let me say, I'm not crafty.  I'm not handy.  I'm not good in the kitchen.  I don't clean.  I am not a fashionista.  But, I have so much fun pretending.  Ha.  So much fun, in fact, that I have actually used a few ideas from the website.

First, I saw this Easter egg wreath.


So, Maggie and I gathered all of our eggs and made our own.  It was a fun thing for mommy and daughter to do together. The hardest part was matching up the egg halves from around the house.  We have kept all of our Easter eggs throughout the years, and played with them, so they are all over the house and garage.  I should've taken some pictures as we did this, but I didn't. So, we gathered them, hot glued them, and we had this awesome wreath.


I was really happy with the end result, and Maggie had a great time.  Here she is with the wreath.


Since that was such a success, I went wreath crazy!  My second wreath was based on this one.

The instructions were simple, and I figured I could do it.  So, I made Chuck take me to Hobby Lobby.  He had a great time.  Ha.  Well, I did.  I found all I needed for this wreath, and my third one too.  

By the time I started making this one, I decided to blog about all of this stuff.  And, I knew it would be a good idea to take pictures, but then I forgot.   But, if I had remembered, there really wouldn't be to many pictures anyway.  The whole thing took about five minutes to make.  

First, I painted my "T" yellow.  While it dried, I cut my little flowers up, and stuck them in the wreath.  Then, I hot glued my "T" on the sucker, and I was done.  Here's the wreath.

I love it!  I think it's going to look great all summer long!

Then, I decided I needed to do more!  I saw this on Pinterest at the same time as the yellow wreath.

I thought it was lovely, simple, and easy to make.  I didn't like the bird part, and I had no idea how to make the felt flowers, but I figured I could come up with something.  So, at Hobby Lobby I found some yarn.  It was a bit 1970's looking, with lots of orange, but I liked it.  And, I found some great felt flowers that matched it perfectly.

This one took a bit longer, because there's a lot of yarn wrapping involved.  But, I just watched tv and wrapped like a crazy woman.  Here's the wreath after I watched tv for a couple of hours.  

I finished the wrapping in one day, and I was very proud, so I made Chuck take my picture.

That evening, I watched The Cleveland Show in bed, and rolled the rest of the yarn into this lovely ball. I wonder what I'll do with it?  I looked online about knitting a hat.  We'll see.

So, on July 4th, we watched The Patriot, and I worked on my flowers.  The felt flowers I found were orange, yellow, and blue  They came in three sizes and three shapes.  I thought for a while about how to put them together, but in the end, decided to make each flower out of each color, each size, and each shape mixed together.  Does that make sense? Here they are all laid out on the arm of the couch while I'm watching Mel Gibson and wondering what happened to him. (He went off the deep end, didn't he?)

After deciding how to make my pretty flowers, I took some leftover yarn, and sewed them together in the center.  Then, I gathered them in one area, and hot glued them to the wreath.  Here's Eli with the finished product.

And, here's Maggie with the wreath.  She's a little upset, because she wanted me to glue the flowers all around the wreath.  I didn't do that.

So, that's it.  Julie's big wreath making adventure.  I think I'm good through September anyway, so I've moved on to organization.  I guess I'll save that for next time.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment