You've gotta rant somewhere...might as well be in public.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Time Flies

My children are growing too fast.  I think this is the first time I've really stopped to this about it.  I mean, I've enjoyed every little milestone in the past four years.  I wasn't the Mommy who wanted them to stay tiny babies forever. I didn't cry when they started walking.  I didn't feel sad when they were potty trained.  But, I was watching them play tonight, and I teared up.  They are just big!

Tonight they took all the couch cushions off and scattered them, along with pillows all over the living room floor.  They jumped and hollered and had a blast.  Maggie covered herself up on the couch once, and I heard Eli say, "I'll just step over this rock.  Hey...wait a minute...that's not a rock.  That's a kid."  As they were doing this, I was folding laundry.  I came back in the room, and it was perfect.  All the cushions were back, the area rug was in its place, the ottoman was centered on the rug, and the blankets they were playing with were folded neatly.  Maggie did it all by herself!  Then, she fell asleep. :)

And, Eli has been a talking machine tonight.  I've even asked for a kiss a few times, and he gave me one, but he never stopped chatting. :)  He took a bath, after Maggie fell asleep.  He lined up all his little bath toys, and they played. I got him out of the tub, and he asked me where the water goes when it leaves the bath tub. I helped him put on his jammies, and I brushed his teeth.  Now, he's in bed too.

They are too big. :(  I'm sad about it.  I guess this is the feeling that makes women want to have more babies.  Yikes!


But...now that I think about it, not too sad.  I mean, they get their own water and snacks.  They buckle themselves in the van.  They feed the dog for me everyday. I haven't changed a diaper in a year.  

I'm feeling better now. :)

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand! Logan has grown up so much lately - I mean, don't get me wrong, he still whines and things, but I can see a huge difference in him. He still doesn't buckle himself in the car, but that's OK. Some kids just do things at different times...I'm OK with that. It amazes me how quickly the kids have grown up though, WOW!

    ReplyDelete