You've gotta rant somewhere...might as well be in public.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Old fingers on an iPhone

I'm writing tonight from my iPhone. I've never dine it this way, so we will see if my old lady fingers can do this. I just really want to blog. :)

It's my birthday. I'm squished in my bed between two bed hogs, two pillow pets, a stuffed mouse, and a piglet. I don't think I'd choose to usher in my day in any other way. :). My kids have been so excited about my birthday this year. Maggie started working on my present days ago. She drew my several pictures and wrote "Happy Maggie Mommy Birthday Eli From" on a card. She made me help her wrap it in a gift bag and promise not to look until it was time. Before bed tonight, she decided it was time. Along with that, I found that she'd added a homemade necklace, a picture of me jumping rope beside a flower, and pictures of Eli and Grandma. The several pictures that she had originally drawn were justt loopy scribbles, but she told me one was a slide, and one was a knotted string. She said the others were just nothing. I said that they were "abstract.". I told her that's when you draw something that's beautiful, but just not a real picture of anything. So she sorted through her stack and told me that many of them were abstract.

Now, I know that my dear Eli loves me to, but he's a boy, and boys just don't get into all this like girls. But, I think he was a little jealous of the attention Maggie got for her work. As I was closing the windows around the house, I heard toys being dumped out of something. Eli came running to me with an old pink purse. He said "happy birthday. Here is your present.". I opened the purse, and inside was his firetruck. He told me I could have it and he could just play with his little one. Precious!

So, basically I'm just saying that I gave the most amazing kids on the planet. Maggie's arm is thrown across my neck as I type, and Eli's feet are kicking my kegs. Eh, who needs sleep?

2 comments:

  1. I hope Eli stops kicking your kegs long enough for you to have a good birthday :) I love your blogs...this one made me smile! My kids (especially Logan) think that everybody needs a birthday party! Logan pouted for days because we weren't "invited" to my sister-in-laws birthday. I never could make him understand that it was just her birthday, not a party. Sigh. Have a great one, my friend, sounds like you are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete